Free educational iBook on antimicrobial stewardship launched
A free educational workbook developed by SAPG and NHS Education for Scotland to help educate registered nurses and midwives about antimicrobial stewardship has been made available as an iBook.
The book, which is already available as an interactive pdf and print version pdf, was developed in recognition of the critical role nurses and midwives can play in antimicrobial administration, management and monitoring.
Aimed at supporting learning around antimicrobial stewardship and supporting the care of patients with infections, the workbook can be undertaken in bite-sized chunks and includes learning activities to be undertaken in practice. It also provides outcomes and evidence for NMC revalidation and e-KSF.
The workbook covers:
- an introduction to antimicrobial stewardship
- antimicrobial stewardship in practice
- bacteria, resistance and antibiotics
- diagnosis and assessment of infection
- special considerations for hospital practice