We have developed guidance based on the available evidence and national consensus to support health and social care staff in managing common infections in the care home population.
We are currently reviewing all our UTI guidance and will wait until the forthcoming NICE guidance is published before finalising.
- Antibiotics - an information leaflet for care homes and community hospitals
- Decision aid for care home staff to support management of people with diarrhoea
- Aide memoire for general practitioners on management of care home
residents with diarrhoea and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI)
- Decision aid for diagnosis and management of suspected urinary tract infection (UTI) in older people
- Good practice recommendations for antimicrobial use in frail elderly patients in NHSSScotland
- Keep Antibiotics Working - five key messages for health and social care staff